With GPSmyCity, there’s no excuse for not touring your favorite cities. And no reason to get lost (unless you want to!). This relatively new travel article app will help you make the most of every place you go and motivate you to get out and explore!
Gone are the days when you have to deal with maps like this
Why would anyone want a travel article app?
Did you just read a great article about seeing Rome in only three days? Or did you see a blog post that directed you to the best chocolatiers in Paris? Now that you’re in Rome or Paris, do you wish you had that article with you as a reference? The benefit of travel article apps is that they allow you to
1) download that great travel article you just read, and
2) take it with you as a GPS-guided route that you can use without needing the internet or data!
So, who does that?
GPSmyCity does. They’ve partnered with travel bloggers all over the world, and they make it so easy to choose from thousands of travel articles that you can download free. And for only $2.00, you can upgrade the article to be a GPS-embedded travel guide. You can use it without internet and without data charges.
This handy app introduces you to over 5500 self-guided walks in over 700 cities worldwide! It’s the best way to see a city by foot, at your own pace, and without the expense of hiring a tour guide. There’s an amazing amount of variety in the kinds of walks you can take as well. Whether you’re interested in museums, historic sites, restaurants, main tourist attractions, or beaches, there’s something for everyone.
FREE GIVEAWAY (expires November 6, 2016)
And just to let you try this out on your own, GPSmyCity is offering a FREE upgrade for one of my articles, “Best Five San Diego Beaches”, from October 31, 2016 through November 6, 2016.
La Jolla Beach — just one of the five best beaches in San Diego
How do I use GPSmyCity?
1. Go to this link and download the app on your smart phone (absolutely free!)
2. Select San Diego and then search for ‘Best Five San Diego Beaches’
3. Choose to upgrade for free (before November 6, 2016–otherwise, this option will cost $2.00 — still very economical when you consider what it will do for you…)
This is what the navigation assistance includes:
* Touring routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise turn-by-turn walking (or driving) directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported on device without built-in GPS function).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction.
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Once you’ve tried it, you’ll see how easy it is to use. Go ahead and check out other cities all over the world. Download your favorite articles and then upgrade the ones you want to use while traveling. You’re not limited to using GPSmyCity when traveling to new locations. Why not use it to explore your own city…to find hidden gems you didn’t know about or to discover new places to eat?!
Be sure to let me know what you think. I have three new articles that will be published October 31, 2016: